Deli Customer Service Clerk
PURPOSE: To serve our deli customers by providing friendly customer service, accurate cashiering and by maintaining a clean and pleasant shopping, eating and working experience in our deli.
REPORTS TO: Deli Service Manager
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
1) Ability to present a friendly character that balances workplace efficiency and customer service.
2) Ability to communicate respectfully with co-workers, and promote teamwork.
3) Ability to take direction from supervisor.
4) Ability to work on feet for prolonged periods of time.
5) Willingness to comply with all Idaho laws regarding food safety and sanitation.
6) Ability to follow written and verbal instructions as well as the ability to be self-motivated
7) Ability to present a favorable image of Pilgrim’s Market through contacts with customers, vendors, co-workers other business associates, and the general public.
8) Ability to read, and ask questions as needed to understand and comply with employee handbook.
9) Knowledge of the kitchen pans, equipment, terminology, prep, cooking and safety procedures.
10) Willingness to attend and participate in departmental and store meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as a primary customer service agent for deli customers
- Accurate execution of front end (cashiering) policies and procedures.
- Cares for and maintains front-end equipment.
- Skillfully prepare juices, smoothies, coffee and ice cream treats for customers and grill items.
- Maintain a clean and pleasant shopping, eating and working environment in the deli
- Understand and fulfill functions detailed in operational checklists 2) Vision corrected to 20/20. Knives, Specialized deli production equipment, two-wheeler, phones, computer and 10-key calculatorRev. 04.02.18
- 3) Fluent English reading, writing, and speaking
- 1) Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly.